Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Thank you Knittinghelp.com

The Argosy scarf (previously referred to accidentally as the Argonaut--I think I need a style manual or an editorial board or something), anyway, the Argosy scarf requires a cable cast-on for the new little extensions out to the side. The first couple times I did made them using the backward-loop method. Sure, it's so easy it seems like cheating, but at that point I was struggling with learning the pattern, so it felt justified. Now that I'm 3/4 of the way done with the scarf, I finally looked up how to do the cable cast on. It's easy. I feel silly for waiting so long to do the thing the right way. The little extensions look so much better with the cable cast-on edge!

Maybe I'll just have to knit an Argosy II or Argosy Jr.

P.S. Emily, did you ever find the original malabrigo scarf in the lost and found? Sniff. Sniff.

1 comment:

Emily said...

See, see. A. Knittinghelp.com is awesome. B. Cable cast-on ain't so difficult (and is kinda fun).

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck finding my scarf. Maybe if I bug security enough, they'll let me rifle through the lost and found.