Saturday, September 06, 2008

Best Friend Cardigan is Finished!



I sewed the buttons on today. The only other thing to do is block it and wear it. While, I know I should block it, blocking seems like a pain in my butt right now. As for wearing it, let's just say that it's 85 degrees outside and this sweater is WARM!



Seriously, I almost passed out from the heat while posing for the pictures.

All in all, this cardigan, while being a huge pain in the butt, taught me much about sweater construction and finishing. Since I had recalculated specs to fit my gauge, I had a lot of math to do. Sometimes, I did the math wrong and ended up with something no so workable. This was a good project to learn how to attach sleeves and do all the finishing since the extra bulky yarn and stretchy construction hid all of the flaws that resulted from my inexperience.

2 comments:

Pants said...

YAY! It looks awesome Emily. You're so brave for doing your own math, but it paid off!

Aidan said...

Awesome! You're my (knitting) hero!