Monday, September 14, 2009

FO: O W L Sweater

When I saw Kate Davies' Owl Sweater pattern, I knew that I just had to make it. Apparently, so did everyone else who happens to knit.



Pattern: O W L by Kate Davies (I really like her blog, Needled.)
Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool in Grey
Needles: Nos. 10 and 10.5



I really enjoyed knitting the pattern. It is easy to follow and quick off the needles. I did run into some trouble with ladders on the sleeves. I knit them in the round on dpns, but I could not eliminate the ladders. I tried all sorts of tricks to no avail. I don't want to reknit them. I think I may try blocking again but this time making a better effort to readjust the slack with a crochet hook.



Just the other day, I finally decided to put some eyes on the poor birdies. Here they are blind and in Stockholm.



Ok, you can barely even see that I'm wearing a sweater. As the heaviest garment I brought with me, it got some use. I even slept in it some nights.

No comments: