Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 roundup and Xmas Present Revisit


This past year has been a good knitting year. Retrospectively, in 2008, I visited 2 sheep and wool festivals, started 20 projects (more projects than all my other knitting years combined), finished 14 of the 20 projects that I started. I knitted by first sweater in 2008 (Best Friend Cardigan) and was able to give 11 knitted gifts for Christmas.

As for my Christmas gifts, I was able to make 2 Jacques Cousteau hats, 4 Star Crossed Slouchy berets, 2 Crofter Cowls, 1 Holding Hands Feeding Ducks Scarf, 1 Amelia Earhart hat, and 1 Woven Headband. I neglected to take pictures of all of them before gifting but here are several.

Jean's Crofter Cowl
Yarn: Malabrigo Paris Night
Needles: no. 8s


Noelle's Star Crossed Slouchy Beret
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay
Needles: no. 10.5s and no.9s



Dad's Jacques Cousteau Hat
Yarn: Ultra Alpaca
Needles: no. 5s


Darlene's Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks Scarf
Yarn: Atelier Yarn's 50/50 Yarn
Needles: no. 10.5s



Sarah's Star Crossed Slouchy Beret
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay
Needles: no. 11s and no. 10s




Haley's Star Crossed Slouchy Beret
Yarn: Knit and Needlepoint's Merino
Needles: No. 11s and No. 10s





With all of my knitting for others out of the way, I'm really excited to work on some projects for myself. I finally ordered more skeins so that I can finish Twiggy. I have may Noro sitting out for my Noro Stripe scarf. I am swatching for my February Lady Sweater and I have new plans for my cheap, cheap purchase of Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool. I plan to knit Frances with it. I also have a pattern picked out for the Times Remembered Alpaca that I bought at Rhinebeck. I've kinda fallen in love with Charlie by Jordana Paige.

Bring on the 2009 knitting!

No comments: