Thursday, October 30, 2008

Detash it, detash it good!


Like many other knitters out there, I'm in the beginning stages of knitter's remorse. The rate of the new yarn into my stash far exceeds the rate of the FOs out of my stash. I've become yarn overweight. I'm a yarn glutton and some serious penance is called for.

Not too long ago in a conversation with Aidan, I made some joking references to my knitting "addiction." Like how it was interfering with my work and how I could stop anytime that I wanted to and how I was allowed a little bit of fun, wasn't I? We laughed. The parallels were so humorous. And then I checked, for fun, how much I had spent in the last year on knitting. YTD was close to $900. Seriously. Not funny. On a student's budget, this is a ridiculous amount.

Intervention Time: I'm going on a spending diet. Really, this will be the first check against my "addiction." No more yarn. Until when? I dunno. It looks like I'm going to be making lots of hats to attack my 1-2 skein problem. That should get rid of at least 14(!) of my dead-weight skeins.

So, I've turned my yarn gluttony into pattern gluttony. Behold!

Felicity



Star Crossed Slouchy Beret



Gretel



Cabled Goodness Beret



Jacques Cousteau Hat


Guess what you're getting for Xmas! Coal. Everyone else is getting a hat.

No comments: