Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bubble Bursted and Mellow Harshed

So, after my project finishing orgy, I was really excited to start new projects! Projects that I had been itching to make.

The first is the Hanami wrap. I went to PayPal to transfer the measly 6 bucks and was waiting for the transfer to go through. I got impatient and decided to go ahead and purchase the pattern so the file could be sent to me as soon as the funds went through. That's when I found out I could just purchase with my debit card through PayPal without all the waiting. Yippee! I got the 12(!) page pattern and rushed to the law school's computer lab to print it out.



I already had the yarn which I bought at Morehouse Farms on the Rhinebeck odyssey with NB. This yarn was the only yarn that I was shopping for at Rhinebeck and didn't even purchase it at the festival. It's the perfect cherry tree blossom color. The pattern calls for beaded cast on and am so glad I kept my mini-tackle box of beads from my junior high days. In my collection, I have a small number of beads that are clear with white centers that my aunt (the same one who gifted the doily to Aidan) gave me years ago. I think that they would like to be part of the Hanami.



Inside the tacklebox:



The second project that I'm excited to start is my Swan Lake Cardi from Interweave Knits, Spring 2007.



I purchased the yarn, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, months ago and then realized I didn't have a pattern. NB saved the day again by gifting me a copy of the magazine (is that included in GI?). Also, since I already swatched in the called-for needlesize and kept my swatches for this yarn for the Lelah top, I don't have to do a swatch for the cardi! I can hit the ground running.

Speaking of Lelah--I'm currently working on finishing the top. It was kinda a bummer that all the Raverly posts for the top said it was a quick weekend knit. Somehow I manage to make the easy impossible. I'm making it longer with a tighter gauge and am adding straps. I casted on in August, put it down in September and just now picked it up again. Maybe it'll be ready for August '08.

With all of these new projects, I need more project bags. A while ago I purchased a bunch of Sublime Stitching embroidery iron on transfers. The transfers are fabulous patterns like Sushi, Dia de Los Muertos, Monkey Love. I think they need to be on some new knitting bags. In a search for blank canvas bags, I went to the first store that I associate with cheap and crafty, Hobby Lobby. Did you know that Hobby Lobby is online? And through their partnersite, Crafts etc., you can order all the cheap Sugar n' Cream yarn you want? Whoboy! They have canvas bags for like 2 bucks. I'm going to be like Miss Trixie from Confederacy of Dunces only my bags biodegrade.

So I'm all excited about these things today and then right before my class on Civil Disobedience I learn that a rough draft of my paper is due March 12. In a week. I don't even have my research done. Crap! Yeah. That's a problem. I don't think much more knitting is going to happen until San Francisco.

2 comments:

Pants said...

Sigh.

Inevitably, law school trumps yarn fun. I can't wait for summer knits! We'll have to find a sunny spot somewhere on the esplanade to claim as our spot to work on UFOs (the real kind, not the rhinebeck kind).

What's more fun than soaking up the sun and knitting winter wear?

Aidan said...

By the way, I could really use a canvas tote bag with some embroidered sushi on it.

I also could really use--no, I need--the "Tattoo for Towels" set of transfers.