Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Come with me, and you'll be in a world of pure imagination

I have no self-control.

First, I found a pattern for the Wenlan Chia's best friend cardigan that I've wanted to knit for awhile online instead of in the book I hadn't brought myself to buying yet.



Second, I found suitable yarn on sale on WEBS.

Third, WEBS also had niddy noddies.

Guess what I did? I bought more yarn.

Perhaps my lack of self-control is due to the massive amount of yarn in my room. Perhaps it is influencing me to buy more of it.

Which is strange because, I really don't have any more room for yarn in my room. Plus, I'm starting to have nightmares that my bedroom is much like Willie Wonka's Chocolate Room only for moths. There is wool under my chair in forms of skeins and balls, there is wool on top of my chair in the form of an afgan, there is wool on my desk chair where I pile my sweaters, there is more wool in my dresser where my sweater should belong. I'm almost convinced that I'll be awakened in the middle of my sleep my a high-pitched whine that will sound like the tune of Wonka's Pure Imagination song.

3 comments:

Pants said...

It sounds like we have the same problem. I decided to "knit from my stash" but had to buy two more balls of yarn to accomplish that feat! Also, I don't know about you, but I feel less stressed about finals when I surround myself with my yarn...it's soothing.

Emily said...

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the lack of control over the amount of work school is dishing out and feeling overwhelmed by it. I don't feel so at the whim of the world when I look at my stash and know that I can take the raw (rawish) media and make something. I have control over that.

Plus, it's a good way to ignore my school work.

Pants said...

BTW, I've been eyeing the skating sweater, and it seems like the errata for big city knits is longer than the book?! I still want to try it tho, for all that skating I do, ya know!