Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Packages and Shawl Indecision


Classes started this week. I'm only two days into the semester, and I'm already having knit or read conflicts. I know that I should just get my reading done but I really want to knit. It also doesn't help that I have had two knitpicks orders inching their way to me. Could they have gotten here any slower? I spent my last week off obsessively tracking them and they start arriving once I don't have time to go down to the post office to pick them up.

I got one of my boxes today (as well as the slip to pick the other one up tomorrow). In this box I had ordered three books from the massive 40% off sale: The Best of Interweave Knits, EZ's Knitting without Tears, and The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman. This last book is what I'm really excited about. After my crash and burn with Sizzle I'm looking for more tips to have a successful and not embarrassing finished piece.

My big dilemma right now is what to do with the other thing that was in the box: two skeins of Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool.



I want to knit a shawl for my grandmother with this but I'm having difficulty narrowing down the field.

My first inclination was the Swallowtail Shawl.



But it looks too teeny.

Then I thought that the Print O' the Wave Stole would be beautiful in this colorway.



But then I saw the Luna Moth Shawl.



So I'm completely undecided. I only have 880 yards of the yarn so I can't go crazy and make something huge or too elaborate.

1 comment:

Aidan said...

I vote for the Twisty Waves one. It's beautiful! (But then again, they're all beautiful....)