Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Knitting vs. Reading

If only I could execute my two favorite pastimes simultaneously! Instead, the knitting has been losing out to Vol. 1 of Proust, then to (currently) Austen's Mansfield Park.

The knitting has not been happening at all.

I have 16 squares of my psychedelic wool blanket completed. That's 16% done!

I have half a wool sock. I have a complete pair of wool socks minus kitchener-stitching one toe closed. I have a green baby sweater that just needs to be sewn up.

I have a ball of blue-green cotton yarn that I found at Mom's house in Missouri that I didn't notice smelled like mildew until I got it home to California. So I tried to wash the whole thing and dry it on the radiator, but the radiator discolored some of the strands. : (

Where is my copy of Mansfield Park?

No comments: