Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Year's Resolution: To be like everyone else?

So my New Year's Rez this year is to finish my UFO's that have been lurking in my knitting bags.

There are four of them: Fetching, Brea Purse, Lelah, Mom's earwarmer.

Fetching:

It might be almost done. I'm about 5 rounds from the end of the second one (not including the thumb) and am really torn about whether or not I should reknit the first one. The second one is a much better size that the floppy first one. The first one looks like a cast when you put it on, which would be fine if my wrist was swollen, but it's not. What do you think?



Brea Purse:

I need to bite the bullet and crab stitch the edges. I just don't wanna. I've decided not to line the purse because (1) it's too difficult; and (2) the stitches are tight enough not to let the big things fall out. Also, I don't have a purse handle yet. Hmmm...



Lelah:

the snag here is trying to figure out what to do with the upper part of the shirt. Should it be a tube top? A tank top? Or a short-sleeved top? Probably not the tube. I at least need to get this done so I can wear it this summer. That's not asking too much, is it?




Earwarmer:

Yeah, this has turned into a labor of guilt instead of a labor of love. I was trying to get it done so that it wouldn't be hanging over my head as the neglected Xmas gift that never made it into Mom's hands, but I'd rather knit my other UFO's first.

1 comment:

Aidan said...

OK, forget the earwarmer for now. My vote is to 1) buy purse handles 2) finish the purse. It will probably take you like a hour to finish the whole darn thing, right?

Lelah would look adorable with some little cap sleeves. And cap sleeves look good on you. For quickness' sake you could just make it a tank top though. You could even do the Mason-Dixon nightgown thing and cut some straps off a black bra and sew them on. At least they'd be comfortable AND adjustable. Or (I'm a genius!!!) sew the bra straps on and then make decorative knitted straps to go over them, so that you won't have to worry about the yarn stretching out too much and getting weird.