Sunday, January 27, 2008

2 Finished Objects and 2 WIPs

Finished: Two dishrags for Darlene that I've simply been needing to sew the ends in on...for months.


Marty's Grape Jelly Scarf: Done! The yarn is a beautiful, super-soft merino that Emily gave him for Christmas last year. Perfect softness for a scarf and in his favorite color(s).










Baby booties for two friends who recently gave birth. I gotta get the blue ones seamed up (5 minutes!), and the second green one started soon, or else those kids will have already outgrown them. The blue ones are Debbie Bliss cashmerino, the green is "baby cocoon 4 ply" (70% merino, 30% nylon--superwash) by Cleckheaton. I might want to get more of the baby cocoon for myself to make some socks. I'm kinda obsessed with trying to acquire more handknit wool socks. Emily's monkey socks have actually changed my life. They are SO MUCH better than regular socks, especially since it's been very rainy/windy/foggy here in San Francisco. I don't know how I managed to live here without wool socks before.

No comments: