Monday, February 11, 2008

Yeah, I know it's the easy way out--I call it a compromise

Last Friday I had this conversation with my hairdresser, Danielle, about the holidays and parents and not getting along with them and the ensuing, crushing guilt. We also discussed whether or not I'd ever go back to living in Missouri. I said that I didn't see myself living there because it's so conservative, and back water, but I also felt guilty that what Missouri needs are the idealistic young people and professionals to go back home and affect the communities.

So to allay my guilt, I found this yarn, Ozark Handspun.



It looks eclectic and squirrelly and like a lot of fun. I think I could embrace some of my Missouri-ness by combining it with a complimentary colored yarn that is more tame. I like the idea of these pillows. The important thing to keep in mind is to let the Ozark Handspun add interest but not take over the project like kudzu.

No comments: