Thursday, March 08, 2007

Missing: My Favorite Scarf

Oh sadness! I've been fretful for the past couple of days because I've lost my prize scarf! This is the first scarf that I knitted in garter stitch last winter. I used a beautiful deep bluish-purple Malabrigo yarn and it's gone! I left it in Constitutional Law class on Tuesday and didn't even miss it until I was heading home seven hours later in 7 degree weather with a -40 degree windchill. I feel as though I've abandoned a puppy or child. I've been bugging the security office at school almost every shift to see if someone has turned it in, but, alas, no one has. I'm just crossing my fingers that my class mates are really kind and one of them picked it up for me. Tomorrow, we shall see if that's the case.

1 comment:

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

Dear Emily--

So sorry to hear about your missing scarf. That was also the scarf that made me want to learn how to knit. It's the grandma scarf of all the other knitting projects we've done!

Aunt Sharon made us all knitted hats a long time ago. I loved the navy blue beret one--it was the perfect hat, even though it was acrylic. I accidently left it on the bus back from London to Oxford. Although I called the lost and found many times, that was the last I saw of the hat.
: (