Sunday, March 04, 2007

So Sick I Couldn't Even Knit

Last weekend, I learned the hard way what happens when you burn the candle from both ends for too long. Last Sunday, I came down with the flu and am finally getting back up to speed with one week left until Spring Break and some major homework to catch up on. I'm still coughing a lot and my voice is on hiatus, but I don't feel like death. I had to stay home from school both Monday and Tuesday and was too out of it to even knit! I kept trying to read my Contracts homework but would fall asleep. Then I'd wake up and decide to knit and couldn't focus on the pattern. That and I thought the worst present to give someone is a new scarf infected with influenza.

I was also able to fine an extra skein of Saphire Green Malabrigo Yarn in the same dye lot as the first skein at Windsor Button where I bought the first one (image that!). Now I think that Mom's Christmas scarf will be a Saint Patrick's day scarf. I'm sure that it'll come in handy while watching the parades and such.

I'm staying in Boston during the break and anticipate doing some school work, outlining my courses and some supplementary reading. I mostly hope to go to some coffeeshops during the day and relax and knit. I find Boston to have the worst proportion of coffeeshops to people. Whenever I just want to get a coffee and read and relax for a while I have to hunt to find a coffeeshop with any room in it. Maybe during the day during break will increase my chances.

1 comment:

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

By the way, most of the time (unless they're sold out already) the LYS has a whole bag of more skeins of yarn in the same dye lot back in the back of the store. They just only put a few skeins out at a time. You just have to ask for them. Good to know if you're working on something like an afghan.