Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lesson Learned

You really need to read a pattern BEFORE you go to the store to buy your supplies. This I learned today as I was swatching for my new knitted bag project. I didn't have the called for No.9 needles so I picked up some new bamboo ones at Windsor Button along with the called for yarn in a beautiful deep purple. I was watching tv and knitting my little swatch on my 9" No.9's. All was going well, I had doubled my yarn so that I was knitting two strands at a time. I finished, checked the gauge (which was ok, but that's another story), ripped out my swatch and looked at the pattern.

Ooops! Yeah, CO 126 of double stranded Ultra Alpaca. 126 stitches! I went ahead and started to cast on my stitches, squishing them tightly. I could only get on about 70 stitches. Looks like I'm heading back to my LYS.

1 comment:

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

Nelson Voice: Hah, hah.

Is the Nelson Voice too mean?

I'm sure you didn't think it was very funny when you couldn't get all of your stitches on the needle, but what better excuse for heading back to the LYS?