Wednesday, June 06, 2007

WIP update

Argosy scarf--done. It's a little itchy. I like the pattern so much that I want to make another one.

Giant dishcloth baby blanket--frog? Very boring. May be OK if I add a crocheted ruffle around the edge, but I don't know if I can stay awake long enough to get there.

Leaf-pattern scarf--too hard/wrong yarn? I have about 6 inches completed in pink malabrigo. It's very soft, and the pattern is beautiful. Maybe malabrigo is too soft and fuzzy though. A yarn with more of a twist would produce better stitch definition. Since the pattern is so slow-going, I want everyone to at least be able to see the pattern better.

Ball-Band Warshrag--in progress. How many of these things have I made already? 10? The one I'm working on now is hot pink/varigated hot pink-white-lilac. It will scare the food off dishes.

Mittens. I have one cuff done. Hmm. The Misti Alpaca yarn is so nice I don't know what to make out of it. Maybe I should use a rougher yarn for the mittens and use the Misti for another scarf? Since I wear a scarf every single day here, I can't really have too many scarves.

Socks for mom, socks for dad. Don't ask. At least I finally found the directions for the socks for dad.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! No wonder you haven't been posting, you've had a lot of projects in the work.

Yeah, the malabrigo yarn is great and soft but isn't the best for detailed work. Maybe your next argosy scarf would work well with the malabrigo.