Sunday, June 03, 2007

Project Collaboration


So I've been doing much brainstorming about what projects I want to do in the future. I've been spending more time browsing the web for ideas and inspiration, and while looking at the Mason-Dixon site, I remembered the beautiful log cabin blankets that they have. So my proposal is that we (Aidan, that includes you) would knit one together. We could each either collaborate on the colors or one person could start with a few colors and the other one would independently pick matching/contrasting colors. What do you think? One of us would knit a square and then send it on to the other. In the end we could give it as a gift (or, not) to a third party or one of us could get it (but then we might be obligated to make a second one.)

I personally don't know if I have it in me to knit an entire blanket myself. Let me know your thoughts, Aidan.

P.S. This is also a test to see if you're even paying attention to the blog anymore. I have doubts about your commitment to Sparkle Motion, er, Load of Knit.

3 comments:

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

Yo Yo Yo! I'm still here! The spinning lessons/rental sound awesome. Just the thing to take your mind off other things. And it's inexpensive fun. Maybe hot, sticky summer weather isn't the best for spinning wool, but I'm envious nevertheless. Should I put my handspun requests in now?

Regarding the knitted blanket, I'm definately up for some collaboration. However, as my unfinished gigantic dishcloth babyblanket attests, all that garter stitch gets boring.

But, we should investigate the collaboration idea further.

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

P.S. What's this about sparkle motion? New name for the blog? I like it. It's...sparkly.

Emily said...

First, the comment about sparkle motion is from Donnie Darko where Kitty all teary eyed confronts Donnie's mother about her support of their daughters' dance group which is entitled "Sparkle Motion."

Second, yeah, I was afraid that the log cabin blanket might be too boring to knit on my own and that it might be too boring to knit anyway.

So how about some mitered squares for a blanket? Would we have too much of a problem with gauge?