Friday, June 08, 2007

Project Collaboration, II

Have you made any mitred squares yourself? From the sounds of things over on the Mason-Dixon blog, they're really addicting. Once you start making them you can't stop. And since I already can't stop making the MD ballband warshrags, I'm not sure I'm ready to take on another addiction at this time.

But I am intrigued by the collaboration idea. It would be cool if we made individual squares or something and then sewed them into an afghan or something. If we just made sure the finished squares turned out a certain size, then we wouldn't have to worry about gauge and all, right? (Unless we were doing all mitres--if the gauge wasn't consistent the stripes wouldn't match up.)

In a sort-of unrelated note, I've been wanting to make another zig-zag pattern "ugly blanket" for a couple of years now. The one you gave me is so great looking that I fantasize about making another one in hot pink, yellow, orange, and red. Or in crayola colors: pink, yellow, light green, regular green. And turquoise should be in there somewhere too. And in wool this time, instead of the original ugly blanket acrylic.

1 comment:

Emily said...

See, that's the reason that I wanted to do the log cabin blanket. Even though it's all in garter stitch (not my favorite), the boringness would be mitigated by the knowledge that all either of us had to do at one time was knit a certain width (which is already determined by the length of the previous knitting) and a certain length (which can be irregular or predetermined). We wouldn't have to think too much about gauge or making stripes match up.