Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gauntlet, stalled project


Here's a picture of my intended gift for my roommate, Liz, for Christmas. Unfortunately, I have only gotten one of the pair done. That and I kinda think it makes it look like I have a cast on. Hmmm...next time I might do it in white and stitch doodles on it as though it was a real cast.

The pattern that I used was this one that I found on Knitty.com. I added an extra cable twist on the cuff since I hate too short gloves. It's bad enough to get the cold air hitting your wrist, but snow is the worst. I am using a chunky alpaca yarn from Frog Tree. I like the alpaca except that it's really heavy. My first intentions were to knit a scarf (surprise!), but halfway through it, I realized that I'd need to have someone spot me while I lifted it onto my neck.

Also, the yarn isn't colorfast. This isn't too big of a deal except that my needles are now blue and for awhile I thought that I had a serious bruise on a couple of my fingers. :}.

No comments: