Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thinking about Knitting is as good as Knitting, right?


My next project to get done is my friend Kristin's baby kimono. I was surfing for some good patterns and came across this one. I also went and bought some lovely lilac yarn, Misti Cotton brand, which is sooo soft. I will at some point get around to knitting this one. I think that the blanket won't get made. It calls for thirteen 50-gram balls of yarn. My pocketbook isn't so big.

The past few weeks have been pretty brutal at school. My memo draft is done and was turned in on Monday so I've had a little more time to think about knitting. I got my hands on Dorothy L. Sayers' The Unpleasantness at the Belladonna Club on mp3 and have been listening to that while I knit.

2 comments:

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

I also recommend any David Sedaris or P.G. Wodehouse books on tape for knitting. "Thank You, Jeeves" was very satisfying and thoroughly non-improving!

The baby kimono is beautiful, and looks a little more involved than the Mason-Dixon one. I'm still trying to clear the "to-do" list enough to get started on a M-D Baby K.

What yarn are you going to use?

Emily said...

I picked up some Misti Cotton yarn in a worsted weight, 2 ply. It's 83% Peruvian Pima Cotton and 17% silk. It's incredibly soft and wonderful. Thanks for the suggestions for books on knitting. My Sayers book was good. It was actually a BBC dramatization in six episodes. Unfortunately, episode 5 was a repeat of episode 6 (stupid downloads). I also have all of Shakespeare (that should last me a while) and the Silmarillion (which should last me a while too). I've found that knitting Mom's scarf takes a lot more concentration than I thought it would. I frequently have to reknit rows.