Monday, February 12, 2007

Welcome to Load of Knit!

I have of late found myself spending way too much time browsing the internet looking at other people's posts about their new knitting projects and such. I was also talking too many people's ears off about my current knitting project. These people, usually just acquaintances that I should be making friends with instead of scaring them away talking about yarn, were not the ones who should be on the receiving end of my obsession.

Additionally, there were several people that I used to have yarn talk with that now live too far away for our usual knitting discussions. So this is my attempt to 1) be active on the internet with respect to knitting, 2) stop alienating potential friends, 3) build a east-coast, west-coast knitting circle.

So here it goes. The idea is that this blog would used to post pictures, links, ideas, encouragements, and rants about what you're currently knitting, planning on knitting, or have knitted. At first I'm limiting access just to get the ball rolling. I am open to suggestions on how to juggle the blog and on what the name should be (I picked Load of Knit in a pinch).

knog on!

Emily

No comments: