Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mom's Christmas Scarf-yeah, I know it's February


Here's my current project that has had some fits and starts to getting underway. I originally had planned on using a vibrant read llama yarn that I purchased in Rolla, MO at Uniquely Yours over break, but the short fibers started getting too fuzzy so I switched to one of my favorite yarns Malabrigo in Saphire Green. The yarn is wonderful. I knitted my first scarf ever out of Malabrigo in Parisian Midnight and fell in love with knitting.

I got the pattern from Ysolda. I love it. It makes me look like an expert knitter but the pattern is super-easy once you get a feel for it. The only problem is that I don't know if I'll be getting it done before St. Patricks.

3 comments:

Liza said...

That pattern is gorgeous! I feel another scarf coming on . . .

Aidan-Elixabeth said...

Emily--how much of the malabrigo are you using for the Mom scarf? My entrelac project using the 2 different colors isn't working out so good. Evidently I'm not ready to pick out coordinating colors yet. So, now I have two skeins of malabrigo that each need to be made into something. Can I make a whole scarf out of one skein, or do I have to go back to the LYS for more?

Please advise.

Emily said...

Aidan-I used one skein for my first scarf and now was long enough, but it was just knitted in garter stitch. A different stitch may not be long enough for a scarf. Also, it ended up getting stretched out and became even longer. I would go get more yarn. I probably need more yarn for Mom's scarf but my LYS only had one skein of the color I picked. I'm going to knit to about the end, see how long it is and then search for some more if need be.